If you have been following me for awhile, you probably know that I am a very strong believer in supplementation. The quality of the supplements you take is critical. I recommend taking high quality, pharmaceutical grade, and third party tested supplements. There are many reasons why I think high quality supplementation is so valuable. The most important reason is this: As much as it hurts to admit it, we don’t get all the nutrients we need for OPTIMAL health from our food sources anymore. We may get enough nutrients to “get by,” but not enough vitamins and minerals to prevent degenerative diseases.
Recent research has shown a very strong correlation between supplementation and health. However, this literature says very little regarding a very important vitamin called vitamin “N”. Have you heard of it?
American journalist and author of the best seller, “Last Child in the Woods,” talks about a disease of the modern world called Nature Deficit Disorder, which emphasizes the lack of vitamin “N” in our daily lives. “N” stands for Nature.
ONE HOUR OF VITAMIN “N” CAN IMPROVE:
– Concentration and information retention.
– Stress, anxiety and self-esteem
– Blood pressure, cortisol levels, and heart rate. – Mood, affect, and immunity.
HOW TO GET VITAMIN “N”?
– If you have a front or backyard with some greenery, well what a great opportunity!
– Exercise outdoors, including walking, yoga, or propelling your wheelchair. Feel the fresh air caressing your face, ahh… what a joy! – Enjoy your family time “alfresco.” I am Hispanic, and spend a lot of time with my family; however, it is rarely outside. Why not talk about that your favorite show sitting under the tree? Why not plant a garden together? If space is small in your yard, there is “container gardening.” There are even free community gardens you can volunteer at. – Find a park, where you are able to smell the grass and flowers and truly relax, and perhaps have a picnic. What could be more relaxing than beautiful scenery and nutritious food? Getting your vitamin “N” is “necessary” for your emotional, physical, and mental well-being.
Yours in Health,